RSS

Martial Arts
powered by

My Blog

Why Kids Should Study Martial Arts

Why Kids Should Study Martial Arts
Physical, Mental, and Social Benefits

For people new to the martial arts, the benefits of martial arts training might not be obvious. Some will think, sure, it's a great workout--just look at that "Ty Bo" guy. And of course it's good for self-defense, with all that punching and kicking. But the benefits of martial arts training, especially for children and teenagers, are much more than simple physical improvements. Martial arts benefits span a spectrum of physical, mental, and social attributes, all of which are learned and improved through martial arts training.

Physical benefits include the following:
· Physical fitness
· Personal security

Mental benefits include the following:
· Learning abilities
· Goal setting
· Discipline

Social benefits include the following:
· Camaraderie
· Self-esteem
· Respect
· Calming

We'll cover each of these attributes--benefits of martial arts training--in this article. We'll also discuss special benefits for girls, which make martial arts training for young ladies even more important.

Naturally, these benefits also apply to most adults as well. However, developing these attributes early in life contributes to a healthy, happy adulthood. That's why it's even more important to get those kids kicking.

8 Comments to Why Kids Should Study Martial Arts:

Comments RSS
Colleges Canberra on Monday, February 18, 2013 11:23 PM
Martial arts is great for defending. I think everyone should learn marital arts it has many benefits.
Reply to comment

Muay Thai on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:03 PM
I am very glad that I find your regular post here. Which seems to be very important and it made good time pass for me. I will always give a nice thrust look in to you from my bookmark feed
Reply to comment

Student Houses Birmingham on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:34 PM
This blog impressed me and over exceeded my expectations.Personally I like your Idea of kids should study of material art for the purpose of safety,keep it up.keep doing more posting.
Reply to comment

diet tips on Sunday, March 03, 2013 4:52 AM
Not for self defense only martial art is important to keep the desired fitness, too! It makes the kids athletic with strong muscle and as at the initial stage muscle are more flexible so practice for martial art should start at childhood. Thanks for pointing out the importance of martial art.
Reply to comment

Nutrition Courses on Thursday, March 07, 2013 1:54 AM
I liked your suggestion for martial arts training. It is really beneficial for kids.
Reply to comment

Fiji Vacations on Sunday, March 10, 2013 11:09 PM
No doubt this is an excellent post I got a lot of knowledge after reading good luck. Theme of blog is excellent there is almost everything to read, Brilliant post...
Reply to comment

splendid on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 9:39 AM
Where you can find information on upcoming Tournaments, School Events and More
Reply to comment

Lawrence Wright on Friday, September 20, 2013 12:31 PM
Boom! Where you can find information on upcoming Tournaments, School Events and More
Reply to comment